Modified and social-distanced, in-person worship services each Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Services are now "mask optional."
- Seating capacity has been increased to around 70 percent
- Please continue to read all the guidelines. Our congregation has been great in following the guidelines and, by doing so, we are getting closer to a sense of normalcy.
For those not yet comfortable in returning to in-person worship, Spirit of the Cross worship services will be live-streamed on the church's YouTube channel. Click on the following hyper-link to the church's YouTube channel Spirit of the Cross YouTube Channel If you subscribe to the channel and activate alerts, YouTube will send you a notification when the live stream begins.
Communion will be served in each service. If you are watching the live-stream and would like to use the same disposable communion packets that are used in the service, just call the church office and arrange a time to drop-by and pick some up.
Things to Know
At this time, only the Sunday 11 a.m. worship service will be in-person. Wednesday Night Bible Studies and other services will be on-line only.
If you are comfortable in attending in-person, come on . . we have a seat for you! Additionally we still have overflow seating set up, but we haven't had to use it. This increase in seating capacity is another sign that a sense of normalcy is fast approaching.
Please enter the church through the main sanctuary entrance (the east-side double glass doors).
The main sanctuary entrance doors will open at 10:40 a.m. for check-in. Only board members and worship service personnel will be admitted beforehand.
As you enter the church, please be able to answer "no" to the following questions. Fully vaccinated people**, as defined by the CDC, are only required to answer the symptoms questions.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the past two weeks?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you experienced new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you experienced vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- If you answered 'yes' to any of the above questions, we advise that you not attend services, go home, seek medical care, and be tested for Covid-19
- **According to the CDC, people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or ≥2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson).
We ask that you adhere to the following guidelines out of love for one another. As Christians, we have an obligation to watch out for the welfare of each other.
Guidelines for In-Person Worship During Covid-19 at Spirit of the Cross
* The worship service will last approx. 45 minutes. Shorter worship services reduce the time of being in an enclosed area thus reducing exposure risks
* As much as possible, maintain proper social distancing while in the church.
* Elbow and fist bumps are acceptable ways to greet each other.
* Attendees should not move chairs. The sanctuary will be filled first and then the overflow seating in the fellowship hall.
* Interior sanctuary and fellowship hall doors are propped open to minimize touching of door handles, so please keep noise to a minimum when the worship service begins.
* There will be no food or drinks served in the fellowship hall. Self-serve coffee or soft drinks are not allowed. If you need water, please contact a seat usher for assistance. The smoking area will not be available.
* Communion will be received in your seat using the disposable communion packets that were placed in your seat prior to the service. Our pastors will give communion instructions at the appropriate time.
* The offering plates will not be passed during the service. You may drop your offerings and Welcome Cards in the designated bucket or plate locations. These locations will be clearly marked and you can always ask an usher for guidance
* Because social distancing is not possible in a nursery or children's church, nursery and children's church will not be offered. A parent may use the nursery, if needed, for their own child.