On-site worship services are held each Sunday at 11 a.m.
Face masks are optional.
Covid-related protocols are listed below event announcements
For those not yet comfortable in attending on-site worship, Spirit of the Cross worship services are live-streamed on the church's YouTube channel. Click on the following hyper-link to the church's YouTube channel Spirit of the Cross YouTube Channel If you subscribe to the channel and activate alerts, YouTube will send you a notification when the live stream begins. A link to the live-stream is also posted on the Spirit of the Cross Facebook page
Please read the information and guidelines listed below. These guidelines help to mitigate the risks of contracting Covid-19 while allowing on-site worship services.
Things to Know
At this time, only the Sunday 11 a.m. worship service is on-site (in-person). Wednesday Night Bible Study is on-line only.
If you are comfortable in attending on-site, come on . . we have a seat for you!
Please enter the church through the main sanctuary entrance (the east-side double glass doors).
The main sanctuary entrance doors will open at 10:40 a.m. for check-in. Only board members and worship service personnel will be admitted beforehand.
As you enter the church, please be able to answer "no" to the following questions.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the past five days? (Fully vaccinated* people see ** below.)
- Are you experiencing a cough, sore throat, runny nose, congestion, or shortness of breath?
- Have you had a fever or chills in the last 48 hours?
- Have you experienced new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you experienced vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- If you answered 'yes' to any of the above questions, we advise that you not attend services, go home, seek medical care, and be tested for Covid-19
- * According to the CDC, people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or ≥2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson).
- ** The CDC recommends fully vaccinated people who have a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed Covid-19 to be tested 3-5 days after exposure, and to wear a mask in public indoor settings for 10 days after exposure or a negative test result.
We ask that you adhere to the following guidelines out of love for one another. As Christians, we have an obligation to watch out for the welfare of each other.
Guidelines for On-Site Worship During Covid-19 at Spirit of the Cross
* The worship service will last approx. 45 minutes. Shorter worship services reduce the time of being in an enclosed area thus reducing exposure risks
* As much as possible, maintain proper social distancing while in the church.
* Elbow and fist bumps are acceptable ways to greet each other.
* Attendees should not move chairs. The sanctuary will be filled first and then the overflow seating in the fellowship hall.
* Interior sanctuary and fellowship hall doors are propped open to minimize touching of door handles, so please keep noise to a minimum when the worship service begins.
* There will be no food or drinks served in the fellowship hall. Self-serve coffee or soft drinks are not allowed. If you need water, please contact a seat usher for assistance. The smoking area will not be available.
* Communion will be received in your seat using the disposable communion packets that were placed in your seat prior to the service. Our pastors will give communion instructions at the appropriate time.
* The offering plates will not be passed during the service. You may drop your offerings and Welcome Cards in the designated bucket or plate locations. These locations will be clearly marked and you can always ask an usher for guidance
* Because social distancing is not possible in a nursery or children's church, nursery and children's church will not be offered. A parent may use the nursery, if needed, for their own child.